We are approaching reopening soon in Washington State. Certainly, it is going to be a while until life is back to the complete normal that we knew. We however still have to move on and try our best to get there. Real estate market is picking back up. If you consider listing your house soon, it is incredibly important to consider who you are selling to and what they are looking for. Fixer recently surveyed influencers in the industry to discover who’s in the market to buy and what home features are most attractive to them. Here’s what they found!
- Open Floor Plans: Those surveyed believe that Generation X and Millennials will make up a large majority of buyers this year. They will look for an open floor concept, allowing them to maximize on space, choose from a variety of furniture layouts and decoration, and more easily entertain guests.
2. Smart Home Features: New technologies for automating your home are popping up every single day. From sprinklers to lights to door locks, smart devices are of great interest to home buyers.
3. Solar Energy: Finding ways to lower monthly bills is a big goal for many home buyers. A home equipped with solar panels not only achieves this but allows home buyers to introduce renewable energy into their home.
4. Tiny Homes: Many home buyers are looking to jump on the tiny house trend, particularly those who are minimalists or are first-time home buyers.
5. Voice Control Features: In line with the desire for home automation, those surveyed believe that the addition of voice-controlled devices in the home are a huge selling point. Although investing in improvements and additions that follow these trends may have upfront costs, the payoff will be worth it. Take them into account as you prepare to sell you home and use them to stage your home more effectively and ultimately help you make the sale.