This new construction multilevel will definitely be the eye candy to real estate fans. It checks all of the wish list you have in a dream home. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to reach out. You know how to find me 😉
Presenting to you this week is a special one of a kind house in Upper Queen Anne. The house is a mixture of both antique classical with modern Italian designs. 4 bedrooms 3.75 bedrooms 3500 sf listed at $2.4 million. Hope you enjoy this tour and let me know if you have any question!
Wedgwood is rated one of the best places to live in Washington. It is a ideal place anyone who wants a quiet and cozy atmosphere that’s still close enough to the action of the city. This is especially a great place for families given its many schools that are graded leading public schools. We are also going to take peak at a modern farmhouse right in the heart of this fantastic neighborhood.
This new construction home is right in the heart of Ballard within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, public transportation and Market Street nightlife. It has 4 beds, 3.5 bath with total living space of 3718 sf. Beside being an exquisite beautiful piece of work, this home has so much to offer. Let me know if you have any question. Hope you enjoy the tour!
Madrona is a mostly residential neighborhood in east central Seattle, WA. It is an oasis of quiet and comfort, yet with little commute to most popular busy areas. It ranks 2nd best neighborhood for both Place to Live and Place to Raise a family. This city has been named “Seattle’s best kept secret!”. I created this video with the hope to provide more information about different neighborhoods in Washington. If you are interested in searching for house in this area, don’t hesitate to reach out! 🙂
We are approaching reopening soon in Washington State. Certainly, it is going to be a while until life is back to the complete normal that we knew. We however still have to move on and try our best to get there. Real estate market is picking back up. If you consider listing your house soon, it is incredibly important to consider who you are selling to and what they are looking for. Fixer recently surveyed influencers in the industry to discover who’s in the market to buy and what home features are most attractive to them. Here’s what they found!
- Open Floor Plans: Those surveyed believe that Generation X and Millennials will make up a large majority of buyers this year. They will look for an open floor concept, allowing them to maximize on space, choose from a variety of furniture layouts and decoration, and more easily entertain guests.
2. Smart Home Features: New technologies for automating your home are popping up every single day. From sprinklers to lights to door locks, smart devices are of great interest to home buyers.
3. Solar Energy: Finding ways to lower monthly bills is a big goal for many home buyers. A home equipped with solar panels not only achieves this but allows home buyers to introduce renewable energy into their home.
4. Tiny Homes: Many home buyers are looking to jump on the tiny house trend, particularly those who are minimalists or are first-time home buyers.
5. Voice Control Features: In line with the desire for home automation, those surveyed believe that the addition of voice-controlled devices in the home are a huge selling point. Although investing in improvements and additions that follow these trends may have upfront costs, the payoff will be worth it. Take them into account as you prepare to sell you home and use them to stage your home more effectively and ultimately help you make the sale.
Creating a gallery wall in your home is an easy, do-it-yourself way to bring your personal style into any room. There is no right or wrong way to create one and no limit to the possibilities. Before you get started, check out the following tips for creating an eye-catching gallery wall that you will love.
- Find your wall. Creating a great gallery wall doesn’t require a huge area to work with. Select a nook or corner in your living room, a small stretch of hallway, or your entry area.
2. Choose a focal piece. Find a favorite piece of art and use that as the center piece for your gallery wall. This could be a large canvas painting, family portrait, metal feature piece, or stylish mirror. Then choose pieces that complement and highlight it.
3. Determine your theme. Is this gallery wall going to contain artwork and images of all the same texture, color, and materials? Or are you going to mix and match different prints, photographs, décor pieces, frames, and drawings?
4. Decide on the arrangement. Gallery walls usually lean one of two ways — linear and orderly or abstract and dimensional. Select the one that matches the look you’re going for and start hanging!
5. Tie the room together. Your gallery wall doesn’t have to end where the wall hits the flooring. Considering tying in other aspects of the room by coordinating colors and materials on pieces such as rugs, furniture, lamps, plants, bedding, decorative pillows, and more. Or, if you’ve already styled the rest of the room, use those colors to inspire the pieces in your gallery wall.
6. Don’t forget to check out photo print deals online. I usually start my search with Groupon. There are so many photo print and canvas print deals all in one place there. If you want professional quality and price is not an issue, make sure you check out Nations Photo Lab. They offer wide range of services and their quality of work has never disappointed me.
Summer is coming. If things go well, hanging out with your family or hosting friends may be an option in small groups. If you are like me, a little of in-person-socializing sounds very good right now! However, hosting on your old, dingy deck is not very appealing. The good thing is refreshing it doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. Try your hand at the makeover ideas below!
Restore your decking. Depending on the shape it’s in, sometimes all your deck needs is a little love. If it’s still fairly new, your deck might just need a deep cleaning and a new coat of sealant. There is a multitude of deck finishing and cleaning solutions on the market to choose from to achieve this. However, if its more worn down, the rejuvenation process may be a bit longer, including searching for larger repairs, tightening any hardware, giving it a good cleaning, applying a stain, sealant, and paint, and more.
Add lighting and upgrade furniture. Ambient lighting can completely transform your outside space into a relaxing, cozy oasis. Consider adding solar lights that don’t require a plugin or battery replacement. The lights turn on automatically when the sun sets, making your deck come alive. You can also consider paper lanterns, rope lights, mason jar lamps, or small twinkle lights, depending on the style and mood you’d like to set. How far you want to go with the furniture upgrade is up to you. You still can feel like a proud owner of the deck by the replacement of just one item. It doesn’t have to be expensive. It doesn’t even have to be brand new. Search for deals. Craigslist is usually a good source for this kind of upgrade.
Build a privacy screen. Privacy screens come in all styles, shapes, and sizes. Consider purchasing and installing bamboo fencing or lattice panels for a quick and easy solution. Or, if you are feeling a little more adventurous, you can build a wooden frame and grow climbing plants or vines or stretch outdoor fabric in between. Whichever route you end up choosing, make sure you get the most out of your efforts by evaluating all lines sight before building.
What if your deck is in very bad shape and you want to take advantage of this quarantine time to take care of it? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Budget: It may seem silly to bring this up, but most people think they know their numbers and still exceed their estimated budget. Thus, make sure to do thorough research and being prepared financially if you go over your budget.
- Home Equity. Getting a home equity line of credit allows you to borrow money against the value of your home. You receive usually up to 80 percent of your home’s value, minus the amount of your loan.
- Retirement Funds. Homeowners can consider pulling money from a 401K or IRA account, even though they aren’t specifically meant to cover a home renovation. This option might incur additional penalties or tax payments, but maybe worth it when making improvements that will benefit them financially in the long run.
Do you believe in superstitious things? 2020 has not been a great year! The whole world has been bombarded with negativity and bad news. In Asia cultures, people use Feng shui to balance their home to achieve benefits and advantages associated with health, finances, career, relationships, and more. Some home buyers consider Feng shui of the house one of their top priorities. By no mean, I imply Feng shui will fix the pandemic we are going through. At the same time, who would say no to some positivity energy these days especially when it is easy to achieve.
There are many ways to create good feng shui in your home, starting with your bedroom. Open up the room by moving the bed so that both sides are away from the wall and the headboard is against it. Feng shui best practice also suggests placing it where you will have a clear vision of the door, but never directly in line with it. Next, introduce symmetry into the room with artwork, bedside tables, lamps, and pillows to reflect the balance you want in all areas of your life.
Apply feng shui to the entryway of your home to welcome your guests and allow positive energy to flow in. To do this, commit to keeping it clear of shoes, packages, bags, etc. and use a mirror as décor to open the space and indicate you are expanding opportunities in your life.
Additionally, consider purchasing and placing a water fountain in the foyer. Flowing water is known to represent wealth flowing in and diffuses negative ions in the air. I found some very modern and chic fountains at Wayfair website.
Decluttering is key to implementing feng shui in your home and allowing energy to flow freely. Donate clothing that is not often worn and empty drawers and shelves of things you do not need to rid yourself of the old and make mental room for new things in your life. Whether you are a fan of Feng shui or not, decluttering and organizing your house always bring good energy. You may not find a better time to do that during this quarantine time. These steps are just the starting point for bringing good energy into your home and making it evolve as you do. Happy harmonizing!